The fastest pizza ever
If you crave pizza on a regular basis, but are just to lazy to start kneading dough and waiting for it to rise, then this is a recipe for you. This pizza without yeast takes 20 minutes tops and you only need 5 ingredients for the dough: Mix, roll out, add the toppings and put it in the oven! It makes for an incredibly chewy and crispy pizza. Our version with pumpkin, dried figs, mustard and goat cheese celebrates autumn’s most beloved flavours. It is perfect for a quick dinner or served as small party appetizers.
Ingredients for 4 small servings
350 gr plain flour
200 ml milk
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
200 gr pumpkin, diced
6-8 dried figs, quartered
150 gr ricotta
2 tablespoons mustard
1 tablespoon honey
100 gr goat cheese
100 gr grated gouda
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven at 250°.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir in milk and olive oil until a slightly sticky dough forms.
- Put dough on a lightly floured surface and knead into four small balls. If the dough is too dry, add a little more milk.
- Roll out the dough balls into four small circles until you´ve reached the desired thickness. Fold the crust in.
- For the pizza sauce, mix ricotta with mustard, honey, oregano and thyme. Add your favorite toppings. We started with dried figs, added the pumpkin dices and topped the whole with goat cheese crumbs and grated gouda for an extra gooey finish.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Garnish with some basil leaves.
If you want to store the dough, just coat it in some olive oil and put it in a freezer bag. That way, you can keep it in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a few months, always ready when your pizza cravings take over.
Why not host a pizza party! Have friends over, roll the dough out and let everyone assemble their own pizzas with their favorite toppings.
Text and photos: Cindy Bleser